CAALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the world's leading entertainment and sports agency, with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, London and Beijing. Founded in 1975, CAA represents many of the most successful professionals working in film, television, music, theatre, video games, sport, and digital content, and provides a range of strategic marketing and consulting services to corporate clients.
Our Speakers Agents and Executives connect Actors, Directors, Coaches, Athletes, Politicians, Influencers, CEOs and Thought Leaders with strategic storytelling opportunities. CAA clients deliver compelling and often personally relevant messages at business conferences, political and social justice forums, commencement ceremonies and myriad other dynamic events. These speaking engagements are designed to enlighten and inspire, with topics including business, contemporary culture, media, wellness and inspiration, tech, and the arts and entertainment. CAA Speakers is an expanding department with long-term opportunities for those who are interested in working with various types of clients across the Agency.
CAA is seeking an Assistant to support an agent within its Speakers department. The ideal candidate should have a true passion and interest in all facets of the entertainment industry, with an emphasis on impacting social change.
The ideal candidate should be attentive to detail, proactive and solution-oriented.
• Administrative duties including handling heavy phones, calendar management, scheduling travel, booking reports, preparing expense reports, and general office management tasks
• Review, write up and send out offers to clients, ensuring all pertinent information is included
• Serve as first point of contact with clients, Agents and brand Executives
• Track and meticulously maintain grids of deals and execute excellent follow-up and follow through
• Assist with special projects, research and compile information, as needed
• 10+ months of administrative assistant experience
• Have a keen interest in working with talent across all facets of entertainment as it relates to speaking engagements
• Demonstrate a passion for impacting social change
• Involvement with a campus activities board or programming board a plus
• Experience with in-person and virtual event planning and logistics is helpful, but not required
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Teams
• Ability to work well under pressure; meet tight deadlines; manage multiple projects and expectations; and maintain a sharp focus while managing competing priorities
• Positive, forward-thinking, can-do attitude
• Attention to detail, meticulous organization and problem solving skills are a must
• Strong interpersonal skills, while understanding the importance of maintaining confidentiality
• Polished written and verbal communication is a must to be successful in this role
• Ability to work with limited supervision and adjust easily to changing priorities
• Team oriented and able to communicate and collaborate with employees at all levels
• Adept at quickly learning new processes, technology, and ability to assimilate oneself and become familiar with existing systems; offer process improvements, as needed
• Experience with reviewing and negotiating contracts is a plus, but not required
• BA/BS Degree preferred, not required
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.