Assistant Project Manager, Wales
This was removed by the employer on 1/15/2024 6:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Agency/Management Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Assistant Project Manager, Wales jobs in Cardiff-UK
Search all Assistant Project Manager, Wales postings
Full Time Job
A division of leading entertainment and sports agency Creative Artists Agency (CAA), CAA ICON is the world's-leading owners representative and strategic management consulting firm for public and private sports and entertainment facility owners/operators, professional franchises, and leagues. With more than 55+ sports, entertainment, and public assembly projects and over 2,500+ consulting engagements, CAA ICON has managed the development of many of the most successful venues around the world, spanning 11 professional sports leagues, totaling nearly £30 billion. CAA ICON offers world-class service in the areas of project management, strategic advisory, feasibility and planning, and beyond.
As an Assistant Project Manager, you will provide overall project support to CAA ICON Project Managers, Directors and Executives throughout all stages of large-scale sports and entertainment venue projects, including design, construction, testing and handover. You will complete tasks related to programme and budget throughout the numerous stages of the project, and interact with Owners/Clients, Architects/Engineers, Contractors and Subcontractors on a regular basis. You will provide support to the CAA ICON project team for document control, communications and all administrative functions.
to include but not limited to:
• Assist with the preparation and maintenance of a Project Execution Plan (PEP), identifying the roles, responsibilities and communication channels of all parties involved in the delivery of the project.
• Attend all regularly scheduled project and construction meetings and maintain minutes of all relevant project related meetings as required.
• Assist with tracking and following up of meeting actions and Project Team deliverables/due dates.
• Maintain project tracking logs including Design Compliance/ Design Change Instructions, open RFIs, Non-Conformance Logs and submittals to support continued project momentum.
• In consultation with the Project Director, support design reviews, approvals, change and reporting procedures and tracking. Support the maintenance of design derogation logs for Client approval.
• Support the production and maintenance of project risk, opportunities and issues registers.
• Assist in the preparation of each monthly professional team and contractor pay applications for processing, and maintenance of accurate invoicing records.
• Assist in providing information and completion of ICON's monthly project progress report, requiring maintenance of cost, programme, risks, design progress and decisions required information.
• Assist with the development and maintenance of stage design programmes, and help with coordination of the Master Development Programme. Support the Project Director to help develop and integrate the programme for procurement and delivery of Client Direct works, and assist with monitoring the main construction programme.
• Assist with tracking open RFIs, non-conformance logs and submittals to ensure the design and contractor teams are providing timely information.
• Assist with preparing and maintaining cash flow forecasts and other statements required for monitoring project expenditure.
• Support procurement-related functions for the project.
• Provide technical and administrative support in the preparation of:
• Client Project Briefs and Clients Requirements
• Client Reports
• Client Direct Work package tenders
• Assist with Preparation of documentation to support and obtain Client signoff for any changes to the project budget, programme and design. Help to manage the Change Control process and obtain authorisation from the Client for additional costs prior to instructing change.
• Assist with value engineering (VE) processes and tracking records (if required) and support the monitoring and incorporation of agreed VE items into contract documents and the final design documents. Assist with the upkeep and maintenance of change registers for reference and guidance.
• Assist the Project Director/Project Managers with fulfilling the Employer's Agent role and in the administration of the Building Contract.
• Assist the Project Director/Project Managers with the continuous review the performance of the Building Contractor/Sub Contractors and other consultants during construction towards achieving the satisfactory completion of the project according to programme. Support the review of progress, labour levels, productivity, inclement weather and other progress matters.
• Undertake regular site inspections. Obtain progress and quality reports from the site staff (Clerk of Works/Resident Engineer(s)) representing the Client, the Professional Team and the Contractor. Assist with monitoring the construction works with respect to compliance with the Building Contract and programme
• Assist with maintaining records of all relevant consents that require the resolution of planning conditions, Building Regulations approvals and other requisite statutory and regulatory approvals and consents and assist to obtain copies and accurate records.
• Support the monitoring of construction progress and potential scope changes with respect to programme and procedures.
• Assist with management of actual post-award procurement, delivery and installation/integration of all Client/Developer direct FF&E systems and components.
• Help with the maintenance of all contract deliverables related to all Client/Developer- held agreements.
• Maintain necessary proof and documentation for all contracts, insurance certificates and bonds for Client/Developer-held contracts.
• Assist with monitoring the procurement/purchase orders of client-furnished equipment and materials.
• Coordinate the materials testing process, ensuring it is in accordance with contract documents.
• Assist with administration activities and plans relating to testing and commissioning preparations, handover, certification and completion plans, monitoring progress of remedial works, snagging and defects resolution during the rectification period and making good of defects, supporting the maintenance and tracking of accurate progress records.
• Coordinate and perform construction site tours, as requested by the Client.
• 1-3 years of experience in the construction or a related services industry, with experience managing small projects or as part of a project team on larger, more complex projects in similar project management/project coordination/employers agent roles
• a Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering or design is advantageous
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Committed to a first-class experience for our Clients
• Ability to prioritise workload under time constraints and work effectively as a team player
• Professional attitude with the ability to interact effectively with clients, contractors and project management team
• Working knowledge of the principles, practices and terminology in the construction industry including scheduling and cost estimating preferred
• Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule
• Detail oriented mindset with a positive "can-do" attitude
• Strong work ethic and attention to detail
• Excellent knowledge and experience with the Microsoft suite of software (Word, Excel, Project, Teams, OneDriv