Assistant Financial Accountant
Full Time Job
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the world's leading entertainment and sports agency, with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, London and Beijing. Founded in 1975, CAA represents many of the most successful professionals working in film, television, music, theatre, video games, sport, and digital content, and provides a range of strategic marketing and consulting services to corporate clients.
As the Assistant Financial Accountant, you will report directly into the Financial Controller and play a crucial role in supporting the finance activities for CAA UK. The role has a wide range of responsibilities and will require someone who can work accurately and to tight deadlines.
Main Responsibilities to include:
• Preparation of month end journals, month end audit files and Balance Sheet reconciliations.
• Month end close and timely preparation of financial and management reports (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash flow) for all relevant legal entities and business units.
• Weekly reconciliations of the client and office bank accounts.
• Ensure timeliness, accuracy and completeness of transaction processing.
• Working with the client trust accounting team to ensure accrued commissions are accurate.
• Ensure timely and accurate submission of financial reporting to Group Finance (LA).
• Assist in the preparation of CAA UK month end flux analysis.
• Review of customer ageing and chasing of overdue collections.
• Own processes related to Intercompany reconciliations, ensuring right-first time postings.
• Perform calculations, analyses and reports as requested by the Financial Controller or Finance Director, UK & Europe.
• Be a point of contact for statutory auditors, preparing documentation and supporting schedules for year-end audits.
• Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and reforecast.
• Assist the Finance Director, UK & Europe in the documentation and oversight of internal procedures and controls, in preparation for SOX.
• Prepare VAT returns for review and assist on preparation of FEU (Foreign Entertainers Unit) quarterly returns.
• Prepare annual P11D returns for review by the Financial Controller.
• Post invoices for CAA UK and prepare payment runs for review and approval by the Financial Controller or Finance Director, UK & Europe.
• Assist the Financial Controller or Finance Director, UK & Europe in ad hoc projects, as required including an upcoming project to bring the preparation of the statutory accounts in house.
• Previous experience working within a Finance function, preferably within a similar industry.
• Must have strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Must have a good all round skill set using Microsoft Excel, with the aptitude to be able to handle
• large data sets and use advanced formulas.
• Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Should ideally have experience of using Microsoft Dynamics 365 (AX).
• Would suit someone with strong analytical and numeric reasoning, who enjoys problem solving and is prepared to take a proactive approach to finding solutions.
• Preferred - Part-qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or equivalent.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.