Assistant - Corporate Events
CAALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the world's leading entertainment and sports agency, with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, London and Beijing. Founded in 1975, CAA represents many of the most successful professionals working in film, television, music, theatre, video games, sport, and digital content, and provides a range of strategic marketing and consulting services to corporate clients.
The Corporate Communications group leads external communications on behalf of CAA, including media relations, speaking engagements, advertising, and marketing materials. In addition, they handle internal communications, such as the Intranet, companywide announcements, and the Full and Evening Staff Meetings. The department includes the Events team, which runs all CAA-hosted events; Digital Marketing, which is responsible for CAA's social media and web presence; and Creative Services.
This position will report to the Head of Events and will support all CAA branded events.
Events department scope of events includes:
• CAA parties around the globe and across all departments (around film festivals, award shows, sports events, etc.)
• Scores of events in the LA office, including screenings and client receptions
• Company social/culture events (mixers, celebrations, etc.)
• Annual corporate retreat
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provide full administrative support to the Head of Events for all CAA branded events
• Oversee companywide calendar bookings for CAA's in-house event spaces for events and client screenings
• Manage media requests, staffing, invitation language approvals and special requests for branded events
• Work closely with CAA in-house caterer, security, facilities and parking
• Venues: Identify, evaluate and build relationships with established and non-traditional venues in relevant cities
• Vendors: Identify, evaluate and oversee vendors (catering, production design, hotels, transportation), as needed
• Bring creative ideas to how we approach existing events, while being highly attuned to CAA's overall brand and to the specific audiences of each event
• On-Site event support
The ideal candidate should have:
• Bachelor's degree in related field required or equivalent experience
• Minimum 1+ years of administrative/ event coordination experience
• Stellar organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects at once
• High level of attention to detail
• High level of resourcefulness and ability to follow through on tasks with minimal supervision
• Strong writing and proofreading skills
• Budget administration skills ( management, tracking and forecasting)
• Tech Skills (Examples: ZKipster , CVent or similar)
• Professional and mature demeanor
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds as needed
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.