Assistant, Comedy Touring
CAALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
CAA is seeking an Assistant to support an Agent in our Comedy Touring department, who primarily focuses on booking live shows and events for comedians and/or podcast-based talent. CAA's Comedy Touring department plans and books live shows for CAA's comedy and podcast-based talent in venues ranging from clubs, theaters, and arenas, to colleges and festivals around the globe. The ideal candidate should have a passion for podcasts, live touring, comedy talent, the entertainment industry in general and a desire to work in a team-oriented environment. Additionally, the Assistant is administratively capable of handling a high volume of tasks with ability to clearly communicate with Agents, Executives, clients, etc.
• Provide administrative support include heavy phones, coordinating meetings and schedules, preparing expense reports, producing correspondences, travel booking/coordinating, special projects and personal assistance as needed.
• Serve as first point of contact with clients, Agents and Executives.
• Track current and potential clients.
• Assist with special projects, research, and compiling information as needed.
• Attend comedy shows and research up-and-coming comedic talent.
• Input offers and follow-up with buyers.
• Track ticket sales for shows on-sale and input into the system.
• Track contracts and deposits for Network and Live Touring client deals.
• 1+ years of administrative experience in an agency, studio, and/or talent management setting. Experience working in music touring and/or booking in live entertainment, comedy or podcasts preferred.
• Candidate must be interested and knowledgeable in live touring; specifically, comedic and podcast-based talent.
• Tenacious. Ability to work well under pressure; meet tight deadlines; manage multiple projects and expectations; and maintain a sharp focus while managing competing priorities.
• Curious. Must have an aptitude of curiosity when it comes to the live touring space; eager to understand emerging talent as it relates to live entertainment and touring.
• Anticipatory. Able to think strategically and creatively. Positive, forward-thinking, can-do attitude.
• Strong attention to detail and organization skills are a must.
• Strong interpersonal skills, while understanding the importance of maintaining confidentiality. Polished written and verbal communication is a must to be successful in this role.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• BA/BS from an accredited University or College preferred.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.