Weekend Social Editor
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Complex Networks is a subsidiary of BuzzFeed, Inc.
Complex Networks is a global youth entertainment network spanning major pop culture categories including streetwear and style, food, music, sneakers and sports. Complex Networks is diversified around three pillars: advertising, e-commerce, and content where it creates and distributes original programming for Gen Z and Millennial audiences through premium distributors such as Netflix, Hulu, Turner, Corus, Facebook, Snap, YouTube, Roku and more. Additionally, Complex Networks generates revenue through a number of core business lines, including branded content and advertising, licensing, events, e-commerce, and agency consulting services.
• Oversee and execute publishing for Complex's weekend coverage on social
• Develop, refine, and oversee the voice of Complex Social (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok) on all of our social platforms, exhibiting excellent judgment and audience-sensitive framing
• Create, curate, and be responsible for all content published to the Complex Main Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram on the weekend
• Lead community management, moderation, and DM management using deep understanding of the Complex tone and voice
• Surface and pitch viral, breaking, and social-friendly content to our news team
• Work closely with weekend editorial and video teams, collaborating cross-functionally across all Complex Networks internal departments, serving as the weekend contact for Main and other verticals as needed
• Ideate, source, and create original real-time content for all Complex audiences, identifying memes and trends at the cusp of virality
• Ideate, source, and create original real-time content for all Complex audiences
• Develop light creative assets for various social platforms when necessary
• Track and share social and platform best practices with internal teams, providing best-in-class examples where possible
• Manage workflow of editorial social posts, working with the branded social team to coordinate posting and schedules
• Provide additional support and coverage during the week and on holidays when possible.
• Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit
• Thinks strategically and analytically
• Pushes for creative and out-of-the-box ideas
• Action oriented
• Drives results
• Cultivates innovation
• 1-3 years of social media and editorial experience with a publisher or brand
• A deep understanding of the Complex content, voice, and tone
• Positive, intuitive, proactive, and collaborative team player
• Strong writing and communication skills, proofreading experience, and quick decision-making skills
• Must be willing to work nights and occasional weekends/holidays for coverage
• Robust knowledge of current events pop culture sports music.
• Possess a deep understanding and fluency of all social media platforms. (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok)
• Extensive knowledge of internet culture and proven track record in driving audience and consumer action on social
• Self-management skills take charge attitude
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Premiere Pro
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
• A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.