VP Of Client Partnerships, Mid-Market
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial, digital sales executive with a passion and understanding to lead his/her team to build strong customer relationships. In this role, you will be managing a Mid-Market Client Partnership sales and client services team focused on top 250-500 accounts that span verticals and regions. This role reports to our Senior Vice President of Client Partnerships in the US, and will directly manage Directors of Client Partnerships based in New York and LA.
You should have existing management experience or demonstrated exceptional leadership qualities. You should have a demonstrated experience in growing accounts, including a solid understanding of the internal and external nuances to achieve success, as well as advertising agency structures. The candidate has to be well versed and experienced in digital ad sales.
Since BuzzFeed creates content that is distributed across the social web, a strong capability to sell creative concepts and ideas is a plus. The candidate has to be comfortable working at high levels at clients and agencies.
The position is based in our NYC office, and we offer competitive compensation, benefits, and an employee stock option program.
• Work closely with the SVP Client Partnerships to develop a strategy to achieve growth goals for your team and book of business.
• Manage and further develop an existing mid-market sales team that is already strong, and recruit, train, and develop additional team members.
• Develop best practices and discipline within the team, so that BuzzFeed is considered a top partner with its clients.
• Own relationships with holding companies/ad agency executive teams and develop strategy for long term growth
• Manage the sales pipeline to provide accurate planning and reporting of pacing to goals.
• Maintain a presence in the marketplace and actively engage in the team's success.
• Work closely with our client services, creative services, product, tech and video teams to ensure that BuzzFeed is meeting our clients' needs in a timely high-quality manner.
• Take leadership on influencing products, solutions, and communication within the team that you manage.
• Achieve or exceed goals on a regular basis.
• 10 years digital sales experience, including direct management experience.
• Ability to manage salespeople at all levels and help position them for success.
• Extensive national contacts and relationships with agency leaders and mid-market clients
• Outstanding track record of success of regularly meeting or exceeding sales goals.
• Deep knowledge and understanding of agency structure and key decision makers
• Proven ability to organically grow accounts by creating great relationships, understanding customer needs and marshaling resources for success.
• Strong negotiation, influencing skills and an ability to persuade at all levels of an agency or client.
• An entrepreneurial spirit and innovative mindset to leverage all the amazing possibilities at BuzzFeed.
• Knowledge of social media ad offerings from Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram.
• Ability to think on your feet and ideate on the spot as opportunities develop fast.
• A team player that will enjoy working with other highly talented sales execs who are on a mission to build this business.
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
• Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.