VP, International Content & Publishing
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/1/2022 10:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for VP, International Content & Publishing jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all VP, International Content & Publishing postings
Full Time Job
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
Business Area: Business
Job Category: International Content Ops
Salary band: 175,000-190,000 USD
Union Status: Non Union
BuzzFeed Inc is looking for an experienced and strategic senior leader to oversee Content and Publishing for its International editions around the world. This VP level role will be responsible for audience, brands and talent growth as well as continued creative excellence, across editorial and branded content, being generated by the local video and written content teams in Canada, Latin America, India, Australia, and the UK. The right candidate will be analytical, inspiring, ambitious and a strong operator.
This role reports into the EVP, International & Studio, and can be based in New York or LA.
• Bring a deep understanding and love for all things internet, combined with a knowledge of the advertising industry and media landscape in each international market.
• Shape and inform the work being created in each region to drive in-market revenue and audience growth.
• Manage and inspire a team of local editorial and branded content leaders across multiple international locations and timezones, and guide each in the development of local content strategies and management of their teams of writers, designers, social strategists and producers.
• Work across our primary brands of BuzzFeed Entertainment, Tasty, Complex Networks, and more, developing a nuanced understanding of each local edition's audience and internal team dynamics.
• Inspire first-in-class creative ad solutions for our clients, as well as smart products and efficient operations, sometimes providing creative direction on larger branded campaigns.
• Oversee the growth of our International Creator network.
• Analyze and report on publishing metrics and audience data across all sites and platforms in order to form smart strategies and encourage growth.
• Travel to international offices from time to time to assist with hiring, training, and ongoing development of local content teams.
• Act as a brand ambassador and thought leader in public forums.
• Partner with the Head of International Sales to ensure continued revenue growth, and effective brand positioning, operating systems and performance reporting.
• Partner with administrative teams in their support of international markets, ensuring legal, accounting and HR policies and practices are followed by all offices, as well as partnerships with other centralized resources such as Tech and Research.
• Develop collaborative relationships with US editorial team leaders to identify audience insights and areas of growth and opportunity for BuzzFeed International.
• Have experience managing international operations at scale.
• Have a deep understanding of the digital landscape.
• Have extensive experience in creative advertising or branded content.
• Have a love of and fluency with data.
• Be a very strong communicator.
• Have a compassionate and considerate outlook and demeanor, always considering the welfare and betterment of your employees.
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
• A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.