VP, Compensation and Benefits
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed, the social news and entertainment company, provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web.
We're looking for a Vice President of Compensation and Benefits. Reporting to the SVP, Head of People, this person will take the lead to further establish our compensation and benefits strategy globally, and manage our benchmarking processes and compensation planning cycles. This is a ''hands-on'' role. You will be asked to both think strategically regarding vision and design of programs -- and also perform analysis and ensure compensation processes and other programs run smoothly.
You will be based in our New York City HQ. At BuzzFeed, we foster a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing work with fun. We offer great compensation package and benefits, AND a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks, drinks, special events to no work on your birthday!
• Lead overall compensation and benefits planning for BuzzFeed from strategy to execution
• Provide insight and leadership to team members and executives to help shape the way we think about attracting and retaining talent at BuzzFeed.
• Create employee benefits and compensation programs that meet the needs of our functions, business areas, and growth
• Lead and develop a team of benefits and compensation experts
• Lead benchmarking, survey analysis, and analytics to improve understanding of our competitiveness globally with a view toward evolving our compensation and benefits programs over time
• Manage and update as needed, our global compensation programs including cash, incentives, sales commission, equity and recognition
• Provide expertise and interpret, counsel, communicate, and educate Recruiters, HR Business Partners, managers and executives on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretations, and job evaluations.
• Lead the design, annual planning and implementation of our global benefit programs, including health and welfare, 401(k)/retirement, voluntary benefits and wellness programs
• Establish standard policies for administration and communication of all benefit programs and work with People Operations to maintain and execute
• 10 years of work experience in total reward with a focus on compensation analysis, preferably with some experience in-house at a pre-IPO company; some experience with employee benefits and wellbeing program strategy, planning and implementation
• Prior management experience; you enjoy managing and developing your team
• BA/BS degree with an emphasis on work of a quantitative nature, or related experience.
• Very strong Excel skills, including ability to develop complex models.
• Experience communicating with diverse teams, including translating quantitative insights to non-quantitative audiences.
• International experience is a plus particularly in respect to UK, Germany, India, Mexico, Canada and Brazil
• Experience with Workday preferred
• Ability to understand and express complex subjects as concise ideas and share them through audience appropriate collateral
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
• Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.