Video Social Editor
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/8/2022 11:09:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Search for Video Social Editor jobs in New York-NY
Search all Video Social Editor postings
Full Time Job
Complex Networks is a subsidiary of BuzzFeed, Inc.
Complex Networks is a global youth entertainment network spanning major pop culture categories including streetwear and style, food, music, sneakers and sports. Complex Networks is diversified around three pillars: advertising, e-commerce, and content where it creates and distributes original programming for Gen Z and Millennial audiences through premium distributors such as Netflix, Hulu, Turner, Corus, Facebook, Snap, YouTube, Roku and more. Additionally, Complex Networks generates revenue through a number of core business lines, including branded content and advertising, licensing, events, e-commerce, and agency consulting services.
• Design, edit, and assemble high quality social videos, visuals, graphic design elements, trailers, and sizzles.
• Create social assets/promos for fwf series, branded content, spotlight social series, etc.
• Work with fwf social producers, producers, content promo leads, social lead, producers, and design to determine visual style, audio elements, and graphic design assets for unique series and episodes
• Assist production teams with story planning and new segments for various series, including how to best convey information and emotion using video footage, graphics, and audio
• Create motion graphics, on screen text, illustrations, and infographics to be used within full episodes and social videos
• Perform extensive technical and creative editing work; collaborate with producers, compile notes, deliver multiple rounds of edited videos, and guide content from initial design through the completion of production
• Perform final quality check and exports for all versions
• Deliver final versions of projects to be distributed across multiple platforms, including YouTube, Facebook, .com, Instagram, Tik Tok, Snapchat
• Organize all media in order to be properly shared with the company and properly archived in Iconik
• Research and utilize new editing and design technologies, tools, and software as needed
• Cultivates Innovation and Creativity
• Detail oriented
• Communicates Clearly and effectively
• Conscious of time management
• 4 years of Video Production experience and updated reel or portfolio
• Solid understanding of the FWF Brand, Audience, and Goals
• Passion for editing, creating and innovating content!
• Solid understanding of the post-production process, graphic design workflows, project management, and asset delivery
• Extensive knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, and other editing and design software
• Thorough experience with digital video file formats and specs
• Ability to work in a remote team environment with a flexible work schedule, including some nights and weekends
• Energetic and enthusiastic self-starter who enjoys working under pressure, and across multiple teams
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
• A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.