BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/23/2021 10:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Direct to Web Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Video Researcher jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Video Researcher postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Video Researcher?
Full Time Job
Video Researcher (project-based)
BuzzFeed is looking for a curious, detail-oriented Freelance Video Research Associate to work full time doing in-depth research on a variety of subjects to help our Video Producers make awesome video content.
The ideal candidate will be able to research and organize information on any topic. The candidate is comfortable in an autonomous environment and will see an assignment through from start to finish, no matter how large or small the task. From the library to the depths of the internet, they are willing and able to find the facts we need
• Create in-depth research documentation on a variety of subjects
• Help condense sometimes difficult concepts into useable information / scripts for Video Producers
• Write scripts and fact-check pre-written scripts based on available research online
• Work on tight deadlines and communicate with team to make deliverables
• Act as an informational resource for Video Producers
• Must have strong writing skills
• Experience in writing research papers
• An insatiable passion and curiosity for research and the world in general
• Strong attention to detail, regarding both research and grammar
• Ability to learn quickly; comfortable adapting to sudden changes
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, in small teams or independently
• Ability to prioritize and juggle a multitude of tasks
• A strong writing and editorial voice to help shape concepts
• A passion for creative storytelling and digital media
• Must be comfortable researching true crime cases that deal with heavy topics like murder
• Experience and comfort searching with Google and using Google Docs
• Experience using Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Tumblr, Vimeo, and Reddit
• No haters!
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.