BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/16/2021 4:08:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Direct to Web Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Video Producer jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Video Producer postings
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is looking for a Video Producer to join our team. The Video Producer will support multiple BuzzFeed brands, such as our Latinx content vertical Pero Like, Nifty, Bring Me, and As/Is.
In this role you will create videos primarily for FaceBook, which may also be adapted for Tik Tok, Instagram, and YouTube. You will excel in an autonomous remote work environment and can juggle multiple priority projects at once. We're looking for someone who is willing to take on new challenges with a curious attitude and who can also shine on camera! You MUST be excited by the challenges of new content initiatives and can handle producing videos on a weekly basis. Creativity and a collaborative spirit are essential for this role!
The role is based out of the LA office, but candidates should be willing to work remotely during the COVID-19 Pandemic
• Ideate, shoot, and edit roughly 1 video per week
• Implement feedback from the Supervising Producer and our data team to make your content more shareable and increase engagement.
• Implement creative notes on your videos and provide notes for other team members' videos.
• Stay in the know about what's trending online in the communities you'll be creating for and successfully iterate off of that content.
• Work with a production manager on budget and logistics for your video.
• Proficiency using Adobe Premiere Pro and the entire CC suite
• 2 years of experience creating digital video content & excel under the pressure of a deadline
• Experience in front and behind a camera, and basic knowledge of lighting and sound equipment
• Ability to manage multiple projects throughout the various stages of production
• Extremely knowledgeable about at least one social platform such as Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, or YouTube
• Passionate about the internet and creating digital video content for marginalized communities
• Great communication skills and can give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
• Meticulous, technical, organized, and creative at the same time
• Intersectional and mindful with your storytelling. We want producers who celebrate inclusivity.
• Remote recording experience preferred
• No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this position.
• We'd also like you to share 2-3 videos that performed well on our Facebook pages within the last year, including Pero Like, and explain why you think they were successful
• Attach a resume.
• Share 3-5 samples of videos you've produced.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
• A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
At BuzzFeed, we want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.