BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/14/2021 9:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Video Editor jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Video Editor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Video Editor?
Full Time Job
Video Editor, About To Eat (project-based)
BuzzFeed is looking for a creative Video Editor to join our Post-Production team in a project-based capacity on Buzzfeed's newest channel: About to Eat. We're looking for experienced story editors who are passionate about food-based video content.
Example of storytelling style requested:
• Partner with Creative Producers and Post-Production team to create About To Eat video content
• End-to-end edit multiple videos and formats for the About To Eat channel
• Quickly assemble first cuts for story notes
• Implement changes to video edits given creative feedback and direction
• Experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions if needed
• Maintain project organization and follow internal SOPs for project naming conventions
• 3 years experience working in a professional environment on digital content
• Advanced knowledge of Mac OS and Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects and 3rd party software
• Experience with codecs, image types, resolutions frame rates as they pertain to digital media trends
• Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines and deliverables
• Experience with simple motion GFX or static GFX (title cards, lower thirds) preferred
• Balance and grade color, and mix and level audio within Adobe Premiere or related software
• Advanced knowledge of Post-Production and Production process and equipment
• Working Knowledge of changing social and digital video platform landscape
• Emphasis on organization and attention to detail
• Proactive, positive team player, able to help guide projects from ingest to delivery
• Passionate about telling stories highlighting food, culture, and people
• Fluency in multiple languages is a plus
• Experience in cutting content for a major digital brand
Send us your Reel!
• Share 3-5 samples of work that you've edited or your current reel.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.