Video Editor, Branded Content
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/18/2021 10:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Video Editor, Branded Content jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Video Editor, Branded Content postings
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is looking for a creative Video Editor to join our Los Angeles Post-Production team in a fixed-term capacity to work on Branded content. We're looking for someone who has the ability to edit and complete their own professional level final finishing on projects.
• Partner with Producers and Post-Production team editing branded content
• End-to-end edit multiple videos and formats both unscripted and scripted
• Work both remotely and on campus to quickly assemble edits and implement notes from creatives and clients
• Experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions if needed
• Stay super organized in and follow internal SOPs for project naming conventions
• Test and give technical notes on new workflows
• Professional level finishing of Color and Sound within Premiere
• Onlining various edits as needed
• Collaborate with the Post-Production team to flag and communicate any watch outs with the shoot and scope of creative.
• 4 years experience working in a professional environment on digital content
• 1 years Experience in Branded Content or Agency Editing
• Advanced knowledge of Mac OS and Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects
• Working knowledge of Audition, DaVinci, and other common 3rd party software a plus
• Experience with codecs, image types, resolutions frame rates as they pertain to digital media trends
• Experience cutting Story driven Edits
• Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines and deliverables
• Passion and knowledge for editing theory
• Experience with designing and laying in GFX/VFX
• Balance and grade color, and mix and level audio within Adobe Premiere
• Advanced knowledge of Post-Production and Production process, software and equipment
• Knowledgeable of social media and digital video platforms
• Emphasis on organization and attention to detail
• Bachelor's degree in Film, Communication or related field is preferred
Send us your Reel!
• Share 3-5 samples of work you've edited or current reel.
• Must include branded samples
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation and benefits package
• Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.