Video Editor, As / Is
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/16/2021 6:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Direct to Web Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Video Editor, As / Is jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Video Editor, As / Is postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Video Editor, As / Is? Video Editor, As/Is (project-based)
BuzzFeed is looking for a creative Video Editor to join our Post-Production team in a project-based capacity on the As/Is team. We're looking for someone with a focus on storytelling that can cut both comedic and documentary tones that resonate with millennial women. This is a freelance position with a project rate of $300/day.
Example of editing style requested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPlrO8NGD5w&ab_channel=As/Is
• Partner with Creative Producers and Post-Production team editing As/Is video content
• End-to-end edit multiple videos and formats both unscripted and scripted
• Quickly assemble edits and implement notes from creatives and clients
• Experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions
• Stay super organized in and follow internal SOPs for project naming conventions
• 3 years experience working in a professional environment on digital content
• Advanced knowledge of Mac OS and Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects and 3rd party software
• Experience with codecs, image types, resolutions frame rates as they pertain to digital media trends
• Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines and deliverables
• Passion and knowledge for editing theory
• Experience designing and laying in GFX/VFX preferred
• Balance and grade color, and mix and level audio within Adobe Premiere
• Advanced knowledge of Post-Production and Production process and equipment
• Knowledgeable of social media and digital video platforms
• Emphasis on organization and attention to detail
• Proactive, positive team player, able to help guide projects from ingest to delivery
• Bachelor's degree in Film, Communication or related field is preferred
• Passionate about telling stories with a beauty and women based focus
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect a supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you'll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.