Unscripted Producer / Director
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
BuzzFeed Video is looking for a creative and resourceful video director/producer who can develop and quickly execute compelling video content for the web and other digital platforms.
The Unscripted Director/Producer will manage pre-production and shooting short to medium-length digital content. You will collaborate with our team of team leaders and producers to provide clickable, shareable videos for our YouTube channels and beyond. You have experience in the digital video space, are a whiz at balancing many different shoots in different stages of production at one time, and are stellar at taking notes and direction.
• Partner with our internal team to produce and direct short to medium-length videos for all BuzzFeed YouTube and Facebook channels, the main BuzzFeed website, and our syndication partners, using your creative judgment to make the best video possible.
• Organize with a small team of others to complete projects and tasks.
• Help discover and create new recurring editorial video formats to live on BuzzFeed, YouTube, and other video sharing services.
• Participate in and brainstorm sessions with the L.A. creative team.
• 2 - 5 years of experience creating compelling shareable, original content.
• Project management experience from conception thru pre-production, production, and post-production (a jack of all trades).
• A scrappy, ''can-do'' attitude to achieve high production value with small budgets / limited time.
• Working knowledge of digital video (DSLR) cinematography and lighting.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and comfort collaborating with onscreen talent and crew.
• Experience meeting deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Solid creative problem-solving skills and a knack for thinking on your feet.
• Knowledge of and passion for social media.
• A ''no haters'' philosophy.
• Adobe Premiere and Photoshop knowledge a plus.
Please include links to any work samples or reels.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our colleagues. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• No shortage of perks, snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you'll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create technology and content that helps connect people all over the world.