BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/23/2021 8:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Travel Editor jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Travel Editor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Travel Editor?
Full Time Job
Travel Editor (project-based)
BuzzFeed is the world's leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a travel editor for a full-time, six-month contract position on our US team (with possibility to extend). BuzzFeed's travel and experience brand Bring Me! is a growing editorial endeavor that creates service-oriented, inspiring, and entertaining content for a travel-loving audience.
You are an experienced and conversational writer and editor with talent in travel- and lifestyle-related content and a knack for making people want to book a trip. You have a strong editorial POV and the skills to navigate the ever-changing travel landscape in a responsible and ethical way. You'll help our audience avoid the tourist traps to discover unique experiences around the world through entertaining and informative formats, from destination roundups to hotel reviews to identity-driven travel guides. If you're the type of person who has spent their quarantine in a constant state of wanderlust, is constantly being asked to send their travel tips to friends and family, and plans to use every holiday and PTO day as an opportunity to visit somewhere new (once the world reopens), we'd love to hear from you!
• Lead the strategy for BuzzFeed's travel content
• Write, edit, and commission travel posts that are shareable, helpful, entertaining, and SEO-friendly and cater to a diverse audience
• Stay up to date with happenings in the travel industry and broader cultural, political, and global news that affects travel
• Research accommodation in various locations, categories, and price points that are of interest to the BuzzFeed audience
• Develop new post formats designed to drive travel bookings
• Monitor and analyze your posts' site traffic and affiliate performance (if applicable)
• Manage a small freelance network
• Previous experience editing or writing about travel for a magazine or website (or exemplary blogging/writing experience)
• Strong attention to detail
• Flawless spelling, grammar, and usage in your writing
• An understanding of BuzzFeed's voice and diverse audience (primarily Gen Z and Millennial)
• Genuine love for the internet and travel
• Previous experience writing affiliate content and a network of freelance writers with expertise in travel a big plus
FYI - just because you don't meet every requirement doesn't mean we don't want to hear from you. If you think you'd be a good fit for the job anyway, use your application to show us why!
• In lieu of a traditional cover letter, please include a response to the following with your application:
• Discuss your travel habits (e.g.: what influences your decision to visit a destination, how do you find unique things to do, how do you find a good deal, what ~special tricks~ do you use that most people don't know about, etc.).
• Tell us about a couple of places you've visited that you're obsessed.
• Include links to any relevant previous work, social media profiles, or portfolios.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.