SVP, Risk Officer
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
Business Area: Admin
Job Category: Finance
Salary: 250000-280000 USD
Union Status: Non Union
The SVP Risk Officer is responsible for managing and further developing operational risk framework & capabilities. This role will contribute to BuzzFeed Inc.'s risk management by developing and leading a team focused on various operational risks.
You will be regarded as a trusted business partner that can consult executive management to make key risk decisions, leveraging the expertise of the risk and business teams. You will be viewed by the organization as knowledgeable, capable, competent, and an agent for change.
• Bring expert risk management knowledge into the organization from a 2nd line of responsibility and ensure the local management accepts, owns, and manages risks as a 1st line responsibility.
• Responsible for integrated risk management, including SOX compliance and ERM
• Bring expert knowledge into the management on risk management topics and risk appetite. Develop, improve, and implement an integrated risk control framework, procedures and processes, risk and controls aligned within risk organization requirements.
• Train and coach team members on risk areas.
• Play an active and leading role promoting, nurturing, and guarding a sound risk culture with customer focus.
• Initiate and coordinate activities to improve risk awareness in the organization and change behavior.
• Responsible for aligning global policies, standards, and procedures and optimizing and implementing risk policies, standards, and tooling.
• Conduct proper and timely oversight & strategic risk assessments.
• Monitor the risk profile of the countries where the organization operates.
• Recognizes potential threats to the company's reputation including but not limited to marketing.
• Prepares and maintains internal and external data gathering for risk analysis and reporting.
• Delivers regular risk analysis reports to company executives complete with actionable plans for avoiding or preventing potential threats at all levels
• Master's degree, academic level of thinking
• 15 years of relevant (risk management and/or audit experience)
• Extensive knowledge of public company legal requirements and SOX regulations
• Strong leadership: ability to take charge and act assertively without guidance.
• Must have strong interpersonal and influencing skills
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
• A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.