Supervisor, Creative and Studio Services
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/17/2021 7:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Supervisor, Creative and Studio Services jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Supervisor, Creative and Studio Services postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Supervisor, Creative and Studio Services? BuzzFeed
This role focuses on ensuring the smooth intake of creative projects into our video production / studio pipeline, as well as maintaining the ongoing integrity of creative support systems like new hire curriculum and production best practices. The ideal candidate will have the ability to quickly identify conflicts within the system and provide swift solutions to keep individual productions on schedule and properly resourced, as well as provide feedback into future improvements to management and collaborators alike. This position reports into the associate director of studio operations and has direct reports.
• Approve on-campus requests, coordinating and balancing needs for client deadlines, campus capacity, and resource availability.
• Steward video productions through our studio operations pipeline, providing contextual awareness of studio resource availability and capacity to other productions and initiatives in the pipeline.
• Quickly identify potential downrange conflicts for individual productions entering our studio pipeline, including resource availability, safety / liability concerns, etc.
• Provide frequent and accurate reporting on the status of productions and initiatives to other ops partners.
• Manage documentation for creative and studio services policies, best practices, etc.
• Create, build, and maintain training systems for new hires on both creative and operations teams, including documentation, programs, and video learning tools.
• Field consultation requests for the Creative & Studio Services team, and either handle those consultations or direct to appropriate colleagues.
• Proactively connect with teams outside of Creative and Studio Services to gather critical information about gaps in process, support, or other operational efficiencies.
• Partner with Video Operations supervisors and managers to identify opportunities for new, lower lift processes that add agility and flexibility to our systems.
• Manage initiatives by setting benchmarks and keeping collaborating teams involved, connected, and accountable.
• Manage the workload and delegation of projects and initiatives to reports.
• Studio or production operations experience; experience with managing high volumes of content a plus
• Knowledge of video and creative production resource requirements
• Knowledge of production and operations best practices
• Ability to work collaboratively and autonomously across multiple teams and projects
• Educational experience a plus
• Experience in craft-based production roles, like camera, lighting, art direction and/or sound a plus
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.