BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Unsolved Network Supervising Producer
BuzzFeed is searching for an experienced Supervising Producer to oversee production and people for the team of Producers working on the BuzzFeed Unsolved Network. Your role will report to the Executive Producer and will partner with teams across production to ensure the creative quality and output expectations for the team. A successful candidate will have experience and a passion for true crime, supernatural mysteries, story telling, digital formats, and loves thinking outside the box.
• Manage a team of freelance and full time producers
• Provide creative feedback and notes on all projects going on the Unsolved Network.
• Work with various teams to help support the producers on the team
• Create space for brainstorming sessions and
• Responsible for tracking producers timecards
• Oversee multiple ongoing projects and find creative ways to remove roadblocks
• Maintain regular communication with Executive Producer, Publishing lead, and Production teams to coordinate timely delivery of videos, project files, etc
• Provide creative feedback on projects to bring videos to the next level
• Work with Production and Post to oversee all projects from pre-production to package
• Be in touch with Producers ambitions and provide feedback and advice on their career growth
• Applicants should only apply if they have 5 yrs. experience with web/digital content and at least 2-3 years of management experience.
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Understands the fundamentals of the pre-production to post workflow
• Technical understanding of filmmaking mise en scène / lighting / focal lengths / exposure / shutter speed / setting audio levels / color correction / etc
• Technical understanding of editing techniques pacing / JL cuts / beats / scenes / etc
• Candidates must provide sample work via web viewing links
• An Ideal candidate has...
• Familiarity with what goes viral on YouTube
• Drive for making high quality content
• Passion for working in a team environment
• Deep understanding of illustrations and visual storytelling
• Finds fulfilment in the success of your team
• A deep curiosity with mysteries and the supernatural
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.