Supervising Producer, Series
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is searching for an experienced Supervising Producer to oversee our slate of editorial longform series. Your role will report into the Executive Producer of Development and partner across teams to ensure all projects are successfully delivered within established timelines. You will oversee a small internal team of creative Show Producers and oversee external creative hires as needed. Additionally, you'll partner with other stakeholders on the Development team on the creative development pipeline, identifying successful pilots to scale to series. An ideal candidate will have a strong creative producing background in unscripted digital media and excel at creative problem-solving.
• Oversee project management of editorial series through our Series Process
• Manage a small team of creative Show Producers and hire and manage external Show Producers, Directors, Writers, etc. as needed on a project basis
• Reviews the quarterly slate, budget, and resourcing with the Interim Director Of Development
• Provide creative feedback on projects in development, pre-production, and post
• Work with Supervising Producer of Physical Production to review the status of each series and ensure all timeline milestones are met
• Work with Post to troubleshoot challenges and ensure package dates are met
• Partner with Publishing and PR on promotional plans and social activations
• Collaborate with other Development stakeholders on pilot development initiatives as a pipeline for new series, identifying successful pilots to scale
• At least 5 years of experience in creative producing digital longform content, ideally unscripted
• At least 2 years of management experience and ability to build dynamic teams
• Strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and problem-solve creatively under tight timelines
• A deep understanding of the technical and creative fundamentals of the pre-production to post workflow
• Clear communication when delegating responsibilities to ensure successful execution
• Experience working creatively across multiple verticals, including food, lifestyle, beauty and style, true crime, parenting/family, etc.
• Excellence at mentoring, motivating and developing team members, delivering timely feedback, and spotting potential problems
• Ability to manage long-term assignments without losing track of daily tasks and deadlines
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
• A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.