Supervising Producer, Development
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed Studios is looking for a Supervising Producer to help pitch, develop, and produce new programming initiatives. In this role, you'll develop content for a variety of platforms and work with team members and external partners and vendors to ensure that projects meet expectations and remain on schedule and within budget. Ideally, you'll have 8 years of experience creating programming in the entertainment and journalism space across platforms, and a passion for finding new and innovative ways to tell stories and engage an audience.
• Brainstorm on pitches and developing decks and sizzles internally and externally
• Hire and manage internal creatives and external vendors
• Supervise story production of short, mid and long-format content, and post and delivery
• Test and work with talent
• Partner with legal, sales, research, marketing and content teams to execute on new programming initiatives
• Identify and troubleshoot production challenges
• Stay current on competitive programming, marketplace trends and technological developments in the content space
• Shoot and edit
• 8 years of professional experience in story producing, shooting and editing
• Strong storytelling skills
• Ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced setting
• Access to a network of production professionals
• Strong familiarity with new and emerging video programming platforms
• Experience shooting, editing and directing
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.