BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed… the social news and entertainment company provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web.
We currently have an opening for a Staff Accountant in our NY office. The candidate's responsibilities will include preparing imports for monthly financial close; performing control testing on revenue and billing reports; maintaining of customer collections process and assisting with the accounting for the various payroll schemes. In addition, the candidate will assist with the internal control cycle documentation and audit testing and work with internal/external auditors, as needed. The candidate will also assist existing accounting team with various ad-hoc projects as necessary.
The position is based in our NY office and will report to our Senior Accountant.
• Responsible for account activity and maintaining a complete and accurate general ledger for specific entities
• Facilitate the month-end close process by preparing complete and accurate journal entries, reviewing and understanding all monthly, quarterly and annual close functions
• Support on-going audit efforts and assist in process documentation
• Responsible for preparing/reviewing cash, accruals, prepaids, fixed assets, deferred rent, foreign exchange and intercompany journal entries
• Prepare monthly and quarterly flux analysis
• Perform reconciliations for various accounts
• Ensure all company accounting policies and procedures are followed and are in compliance with GAAP
• Continued focus on improving processes and analysis
• Assist with audit requests, such as preparing supporting documentation and schedules
• Special ad hoc reports and projects as needed
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
• 1-3 years of experience working in accounting
• Must be proficient in Windows, Excel, and Word
• Big Four experience and CPA preferred
• Experience with NetSuite is a plus
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
• Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.