BuzzfeedNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/29/2021 11:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Sr. Publicist jobs in New York-NY
Search all Sr. Publicist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sr. Publicist?
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is the world's leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, HuffPost, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed is seeking an energetic, news-obsessed communications professional to support editorial publicity for both BuzzFeed News and HuffPost. The person in this role will work under BuzzFeed's VP of Communications and within the broader BuzzFeed PR team. The publicist's primary focus will be extending the reach and impact of HuffPost's and BuzzFeed News's reporting, overall narrative, and brands, both externally and internally at BuzzFeed. Partnership with editors and reporters is an essential element of this job, and will include collaboration with the editorial team on the communications strategy and the promotion of content that lives across BuzzFeed's site and apps, as well as platforms including YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat, and Twitter. This job will also include editorial publicity for BuzzFeed News and HuffPost programming that lives on Twitter, Facebook Watch, iHeart and Apple Podcasts, and more.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for news, loves media relations, thrives in a fast-paced newsroom environment, and is inspired by what HuffPost and BuzzFeed News produce every day across their platforms. This role will report to the VP of Communications and will work very closely with the respective editorial teams and the broader PR team.
• Support strategy and execution for editorial communications.
• Collaborate with editors and reporters to know what they're working on, what's coming up, and develop strategic communications plans to best position their work.
• Be in constant touch with press, pitch producers, and grow relationships with media contacts.
• Serve as the PR point of contact during breaking news and around major events.
• Act as a liaison between BuzzFeed News/HuffPost and BuzzFeed at large.
• Support other newsroom-related activities and initiatives including event planning and management, award submissions, BuzzFeed Studio projects, and more.
• Demonstrated success securing media coverage across various platforms (tv, print, web, radio).
• Solid understanding of media and tech landscape, and a strong editorial sensibility.
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Ability to work well under pressure, juggle multiple tasks on tight deadlines, lead projects, and be a strategic advisor in time-sensitive scenarios.
• Passion for following media, digging into trends, and staying ahead of the news cycle.
• (Obsession with news and politics greatly preferred.)
• 3-5 years experience inside a news organization and/or in a press shop pitching on a daily basis.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.