Sr. Payroll Specialist
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
About the role:
Buzzfeed is currently looking to add an experienced Sr. Payroll Specialist to join our People team. This person will be responsible for managing domestic and international payroll systems and processes, managing relationships with customers, assisting in special projects and more. The Sr. Payroll Specialist will have an instrumental role in ensuring accuracy with current payroll processes, seeking opportunities to upgrade internal controls and processes, with a focus on accuracy and quality of employee service.
This position is based in our NYC Headquarters.
• Prepare and process multi-state US payroll for 1100 employees both exempt and non-exempt
• Track all changes, special payments, and deductions to ensure accuracy and proper processing across all channels
• Ensure internal and external policies and laws are continuously met while processing
• Administer timekeeping system for all hourly employees, ensuring proper setup and appropriate approval processes. Follows up where necessary to ensure deadlines are met
• Confirm all hours are uploaded properly to the correct system for payroll
• Coordinate efforts between US and International HR teams to allow for proper work flow and maintenance of employee data between payroll and HR
• Provide monthly, quarterly, and year-end payroll information to appropriate parties for processing
• Handle any incoming communications regarding filings, reports, survey's, audits, etc.
• Administer both the USA and International payroll inboxes to resolve discrepancies and handle any and all payroll inquiries in a timely manner.
• Prepare and reconcile all general ledger entries. Partner with Finance to investigate differences
• At least 4-6 years of payroll administration experience required.
• Strong HRIS/HCM skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system. Workday and ADP experience required.
• Familiarity with global payroll in the UK, Canada, Australia, Mexico and Brazil a plus.
• Excellent skills using MS Office, Google products (Google Mail, Google Sheets) and shared drives.
• Outstanding communications skills and the ability to interact across all levels and functions.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
• Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to work independently and to prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.