BuzzfeedNew York, NY
BuzzFeed is looking for a Freelance Social Producer to join our social media team and focus on affiliate video content. This is a three-month contract with the opportunity to extend.
We're looking for someone who is social media savvy to create shortform versions of our existing content for TikTok and Instagram, and contribute to the content strategy for our growing shopping pages. The ideal candidate is a digital native with a deep understanding of what makes content shareable and an obsession for cracking the Next Big Thing on the internet. This role reports to the Lead Social Media Strategist.
Please Note: We are currently working remotely but expect to eventually return to our offices when it is safe to do so, likely in the fall.
• Work with the Affiliate Video Team to create a social strategy to grow our new shortform shopping pages
• Edit shortform versions of new and existing BuzzFeed content to optimize for Instagram and TikTok
• Own our new shopping pages with a focus on volume and conversion, finding ways to deliver new content to our audience on a regular basis and encourage purchasing
• Publish shortform content across social platforms, finding opportunities to partner with other social teams to increase our team's impact
• Identify trending products and formats that the team can utilize in their content
• Brainstorm and pitch opportunities for original affiliate videos
• Create unique, fun ideas for social content with the potential to go viral
• Analyze and track performance data and surface team wins
• Identify when an area of focus isn't working and pivot
• Support social team in service of larger strategic needs when opportunities arise
• 1-2 years experience working with social media
• A thorough understanding of the Instagram and TikTok platforms and why content goes viral
• Basic editing skills and understanding of Premiere or Final Cut
• Excellent multitasking and communication skills
• The ability to work independently while remaining an excellent collaborator
• A positive and curious disposition and a genuine love for and excitement about making videos for the internet
• A passion for video metrics and the competitive instinct to ideate on your own success
• Interest and/or background in working with products and review content
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.