Social Media Strategist - Cocoa Butter, Buzzfeedvideo, Buzzfeed Unsolved Network
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. We produce articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; original pop culture and entertainment programming through Complex Networks; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is seeking a Social Media Strategist to focus on video publishing strategy for some of BuzzFeed's most beloved brands including BuzzFeedVideo, BuzzFeed Unsolved Network, and Cocoa Butter across YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok. This position will use data to inform decisions and will collaborate closely with operations and video producers to ensure that our content is being released in the most optimal way across all video platforms.
The ideal candidate is obsessed with both publishers and content creators particularly on YouTube as well as other platforms and would be able to understand and summarize how and why certain videos blow up - where did they take off, what makes them special, why are they worth sharing?
The ideal candidate is able to navigate a fast-paced and dynamic work environment with efficiency and maturity. We're looking for a rockstar who is naturally organized and detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media and all things BuzzFeed - someone who is a data-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgement and communication skills.
This is a full-time salaried position in our Los Angeles office. We offer competitive compensation and a stock option program.
• Plan, implement, schedule, publish and analyze video and distributed content releases and schedules across multiple YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TIkTok accounts.
• Completely and wholly owns their initiatives from a publishing point-of-view; has all the answers and if they don't, they will own finding the answer.
• Establishes a consultative relationship with stakeholders, including executives.
• Monitor discussions, posts, and comments across multiple social media channels.
• Acts as an advisor for new initiatives; a respected thought leader to help teams throughout the company crack new content areas and formats.
• Has the foresight to anticipate issues in workflow or content performance and present manager with possible actionable solutions. Able to think outside the day-to-day to find creative scalable solutions (i.e.: work smarter not harder).
• Use knowledge of online video to present our videos in the most shareable way, helping them to have the biggest reach and impact
Part of what makes BuzzFeed a pioneer in digital media is our commitment to exploring new ventures that lead to spreading truth and joy. As such, you may be asked to share your knowledge with your colleagues through presentations or trainings, to screen and interview job candidates, or to take part in recruitment or networking events on behalf of the company.
• 1-3 years of experience online writing/editing/curating on the web
• Understanding of the digital landscape and a proven interest in keeping up to date with developments in web platforms and applications
• Previous experience working in social and/or curating for Black identity content/accounts preferred
• Deep enthusiasm for experimenting with content and strategy to optimize for key metrics
• Knowledge of the online video ecosystem
• Native YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Reddit user
• Deep understanding of how titling and thumbnails can affect a video's performance
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Must have excellent writing skills
• Responds to a fluctuating workload with a positive attitude and is always ready to tackle new challenges!
• Ability to handle multiple priorities - a tireless work ethic never hurts!
FYI - job descriptions are not a one size fits all, just because you don't meet every requirement doesn't mean we don't want to hear from you. If you think you'd be a good fit for the job anyway, use your application to show us why!
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
• A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
This position may require you to be in the office or be in close proximity to other employees once our offices fully reopen in 2022.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
At BuzzFeed, we want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they participate in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.