Social Media Rights Manager
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/27/2021 3:08:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Search for Social Media Rights Manager jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Social Media Rights Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Social Media Rights Manager? Social Media Rights Manager (project-based)
BuzzFeed is seeking a social media freelancer to join the team in New York or Los Angeles. This role will primarily provide support to BuzzFeed's video rights and licensing efforts on social platforms. This role will also give general social publishing and editorial support to the BuzzFeed social media team.
The ideal candidate is organized and detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media, and all things BuzzFeed. We're looking for a data-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgment and communication skills. This is a project-based, freelance opportunity with a project rate of $20/hr.
• Assist BuzzFeed social team in handling rights manager requests and licensing content on Facebook and other platforms (this will account for about half of the workload)
• Increase revenue from social video via resolving dispute claims and filing IP claims on BuzzFeed content
• Create an effective workflow to organize incoming/outgoing rights requests and increase transparency on claims in progress
• Assist BuzzFeed social editors with scheduling posts and finding/creating content across platforms
• Optimize content across Facebook, Instagram Instagram Stories, Twitter, Apple News, the BuzzFeed App, and more
• Prepare insights for the social and editorial teams to continuously find best practices for social optimization
• Assist with experiments on emerging platforms to strategize new opportunities for revenue
• Generate reports/sharing pertinent information across multiple teams
• May be required to work weekends
• Proven organizational and administrative experience
• Understanding of social platforms and messaging apps, and why content on those platforms became popular
• A positive, curious, playful disposition
• A genuine love for and excitement about the internet (no haters)
• Flexible with changing workloads
• Include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position, and what your favorite BuzzFeed social page is and why. You can share this information in the document you upload in place of a cover letter. No formal cover letters, please
• Provide links to your public social media accounts.
• Attach a resume- 1 page only.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect a supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.