Social Media Fellow
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/11/2021 10:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Social Media Category
Search for Social Media Fellow jobs in New York-NY
Search all Social Media Fellow postings
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is seeking a Social Media Fellow to join its team in New York in January 2021. While the Fellow will be working remotely at the beginning of the Fellowship, we do require that the work be done from New York. Fellow will primarily provide publishing and editorial support for the BuzzFeed social media team.
The ideal candidate is organized and detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media, and all things BuzzFeed. We're looking for a data-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgement and communication skills.
This Fellowship is part of a year-long program. Fellows work 40 hours per week and are initially paid $18/hour.
All application materials will need to be submitted when you apply.
• Assist BuzzFeed social editors with scheduling posts and finding/creating content across platforms.
• Read and watch BuzzFeed content and find creative ways to adapt Buzzfeed.com content to Facebook
• Optimize content across Facebook pages (new and evergreen) and maintain a consistent publishing calendar
• Prepare insights for the social and editorial teams to continuously find best practices for social optimization
• Track performance of all initiatives across platforms and provide recommendations for high-performing content
• Test creative and copy to discover ways to maximize engagement and traffic
• Create and grow audiences for 2 new Buzzfeed-centric Facebook pages
• Assist with experiments on emerging platforms to strategize new opportunities for revenue
• Generate reports/sharing pertinent information across multiple teams
• May be required to work weekends
• Proven organizational and administrative experience
• Understanding of social platforms and messaging apps, and why content on those platforms became popular.
• A positive, curious, playful disposition.
• A genuine love for and excitement about the internet (no haters).
• An ability to be flexible and deal with changing workloads
• Previous social and/or e-commerce experience a big plus
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package
• Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.