Short Form Producer
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Short Form Producer (Project Based)
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is looking for a seasoned short-form producer to contribute to our affiliate video efforts across TikTok and Instagram. This role will focus on cracking new video formats and seeking affiliate revenue opportunities through social-first video. You will pitch, produce and edit shareable content across categories like travel, parenting, and general interest, and contribute to creative strategy for new channel launches. The ideal candidate will be a digital-first creative obsessed with social video, and should be passionate about making content with a unique perspective. This is an exciting new venture that will require a self-motivated, epically curious, highly adaptable individual who is able to juggle multiple projects at once. This role reports to the Lead Producer of Affiliate Video and is based in New York or Los Angeles.
• Brainstorm and pitch ideas for original affiliate videos for TikTok and Instagram channels
• Produce, direct and edit editorial video content that integrate organic product recommendations or reviews, driving audience conversion
• Execute videos that contribute towards a cohesive creative strategy across various content themes, including travel and parenting.
• Partner with internal BuzzFeed talent to build repeatable formats around their skills and interests
• Contribute to notes and feedback for other team members' videos
• Work to meet monthly quotas and help define conversion benchmarks
• Experiment with new ideas and pivot focus when necessary
• 1-3 years of experience across social-first video production
• An eye for shooting compelling video content for the web
• A deep knowledge of content creation for social platforms like TikTok and Instagram
• Experience, or an interest in, the world of video commerce and affiliate video as a revenue generator
• A passion for video metrics and the competitive instinct to iterate off of successful ideas and experiments
• Experience working with, and brainstorming around, talent
• Experience or interest in lifestyle, food and/or travel content is a plus
• Experience managing video or editorial producers a plus
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.