Shopping Writer, Branded Content
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 5/14/2021 12:08:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Shopping Writer, Branded Content jobs in New York-NY
Search all Shopping Writer, Branded Content postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Shopping Writer, Branded Content?
Full Time Job
Shopping Writer, Branded Content (Fixed-Term)
BuzzFeed is looking for a freelance Shopping Writer, Branded Content who has experience creating product-focused content to join the branded Creative team in New York. Are you always shopping? Do your friends turn to you for product recommendations? Are you passionate about finding the best deals online? This may be the position for you! We're looking for someone who is excited to create shoppable posts for brands.
This role is a fixed-term position through the end of 2021 and reports to the Senior Manager, Branded Content.
• Write engaging product roundups and informative single-product posts, including home, fashion, beauty, pet care, sales/deals, and more.
• Follow BuzzFeed's best practices and meet our editorial standards by choosing and describing products in a thoughtful, informative way that matches the BuzzFeed voice.
• Pitch headlines, both internally and directly to clients.
• Work with our Sales and Account Management teams to ensure the brand's needs are met.
• Manage multiple client programs at a time and work with several different teams across the business organization.
• Follow legal guidelines and client restrictions when writing content.
• Contribute to Creative meetings and brainstorm sessions.
• Optimize any product links that are included in posts.
• Occasionally write non-shopping-related branded content, depending on the team's bandwidth.
• 3 years of experience writing lists and shopping content.
• The ability to describe products in both an entertaining and descriptive way.
• Previous affiliate experience is a big plus.
• Experience translating client needs into branded content is a plus.
• Experience with SEO a plus.
• Experience writing for multicultural audiences is a plus.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation and benefits package
• Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.