Shopping and Products Writer
This was removed by the employer on 7/16/2021 2:08:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Shopping and Products Writer jobs in London-UK
Search all Shopping and Products Writer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Shopping and Products Writer?
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed UK is looking for a shopping- and products-focused writer for a fixed-term position in our London office. BuzzFeed's shopping section is an expanding editorial endeavor that includes both service-oriented and entertaining content for a shopping-minded audience (see our ''Shopping'' and ''Reviews'' pages for examples) .
The ideal candidate is an experienced and conversational writer with talent in consumer- and shopping-related content creation. SEO experience is a plus. You'll help our audience discover great products through entertaining and informative formats, from themed roundups to personal reviews and more. If you're the type of person who's constantly discovering bizarre kitchen gadgets, coupon codes, or interesting stores and sending links to your friends until they beg you to stop, we'd love to hear from you!
• Research products in various categories and price points that are of interest to the BuzzFeed audience.
• Write shareable, unique product roundups as well as SEO-friendly shopping guides and reviews.
• Track and analyze your posts' site traffic and affiliate analytics.
• Previous experience/internship writing for a magazine or website about consumer products, or exemplary blogging/writing experience
• Strong attention to detail
• Flawless spelling, grammar, and usage in your writing
• A positive, curious, playful disposition with a sense of humor
• Genuine love for the internet and online shopping
• Strong understanding of the BuzzFeed audience and voice
• Previous affiliate experience a big plus
FYI - just because you don't meet every requirement doesn't mean we don't want to hear from you. If you think you'd be a good fit for the job anyway, use your application to show us why!
• In lieu of a traditional cover letter, please include a response to the following with your application:
• Discuss your shopping habits (e.g.: what do you always buy in-store vs. online, how do you find a good deal, what ~special tricks~ do you use that most people don't know about, etc.).
• Tell us about a couple of products that you're obsessed with.
• Include links to any relevant previous work, social media profiles, or portfolios.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package
• Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.