BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
SEO Writer (Project Based)
The SEO team is looking for a contractor to help consolidate and optimize content for a SEO audience. This is a great opportunity to hone your SEO editing skills, experiment with a target audience, and learn about SEO and publishing.
Since this position is intended to combine and curate articles throughout BuzzFeed, this person should have the ability to write about any subject and, hopefully, be interested in a wide variety of topics. Ideally you can also interweave content well, mixing a blend of your writing together with others to create an article that reads well and provides an excellent, and up to current standards, experience for the BuzzFeed Audience.
• Consolidate and update entertainment, evergreen, and quiz content to boost ranking/traffic.
• Curate content written previously to create new, engaging content that has the ability to garner ongoing SEO traffic and rank on Google search.
• Find content gaps each week and communicate with the team with the potential of prospective traffic
• Learn about what it takes to rank on an article and how to update/refresh older content for a 2022 audience.
• An interest in Google search, ranking and what SEO is!
• An interest in writing multiple subjects and multiple topics.
• A love of getting a little analytical in content and learning why content works through a traffic/rank perspective
• Excellent grammar and a high level of attention to detail
• A strong sense of internet and pop culture trends
• Willingness to take feedback and make data-driven decisions in their day-to-day work
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
At BuzzFeed, Inc., we want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc., offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.