Lead Video Producer, Cocoa Butter
BuzzfeedNew York, CA
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. We produce articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; original pop culture and entertainment programming through Complex Networks; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed's Cocoa Butter is looking for an experienced Lead Producer who leads all aspects of production for a Black culture and lifestyle channel. You are passionate about telling stories that speak to Black culture and are in tune with everything that's happening on the internet. You are comfortable leading a team through all stages of production. This is a staff position who will report to an executive producer.
• Develop and pitch video shows and series on a monthly basis that are buzzworthy and speak to the Black audience
• Work with in-house talent to develop new shows
• Identify new talent to create shows and series
• Produce and edit 2 videos a month, and work with an in-house editor to edit additional content
• Collaborate across the content organization to create crossover content
• Provide support and creative input on team videos to ensure ongoing quality and audience growth
• Produce all your projects come in on time and within budget while maintaining BuzzFeed's high creative standards
Part of what makes BuzzFeed a pioneer in digital media is our commitment to exploring new ventures that lead to spreading truth and joy. As such, you may be asked to share your knowledge with your colleagues through presentations or trainings, to screen and interview job candidates, or to take part in recruitment or networking events on behalf of the company.
• 4 or more years of video production experience
• Experienced camera operator, who has worked with DSLRs
• Expertise in editing with Adobe Premiere Pro
• Experience producing shoots in studio and on location, including different lighting and equipment set ups that best serve several production environments
• Meet tight production deadlines
• Expertly explain ideas and creative vision in a compelling way
• An understanding of virality and shareability on all social platforms, including new platforms
FYI - job descriptions are not a one size fits all, just because you don't meet every requirement doesn't mean we don't want to hear from you. If you think you'd be a good fit for the job anyway, use your application to show us why!
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
• A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
At BuzzFeed, Inc., we want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc., offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.