Senior Podcast Producer
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/23/2021 9:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Radio Category
Search for Senior Podcast Producer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Podcast Producer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Podcast Producer?
Full Time Job
Senior Podcast Producer (project-based)
BuzzFeed is the world's leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed is seeking an experienced Senior Audio Producer who can lead all aspects of production for a daily podcast. The ideal candidate is passionate about pop culture, celebrity, and everything else that's happening on the internet. Candidates should be comfortable operating under tight deadlines in a collaborative environment and have a good sense of humor. This is a project-based role.
• Lead daily pitch sessions
• Book and prep interviews
• Work with hosts and fellow producer to script each segment of the show
• Help guide episode recordings and coach hosts through interviews
• Track down soundbites and clips
• Work with audio engineer and post-production manager to make edits
• E dit podcast segments as needed
• Provide post-show feedback
• Collaborate with team on creative tweaks to show format
• Provide support and creative input to ensure ongoing quality and audience growth
• At least 3-5 years of experience working in podcasts or radio, ideally a daily show
• Outstanding writing and communication skills
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Strong editorial judgment and command of current events, including politics, culture, entertainment, and social media
• Ability to multitask and work creatively in a high-pressure environment
• Proficiency in audio editing with Pro Tools
• Efficiency in editing interviews under tight deadlines
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.