Senior Podcast Producer
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Senior Podcast Producer (Project-Based)
BuzzFeed is seeking an experienced Senior Audio Producer who can lead all aspects of production for a daily podcast. The ideal candidate is passionate about pop culture, celebrity, and everything else that's happening on the internet. Candidates should be comfortable operating under tight deadlines in a collaborative environment and have a good sense of humor. This is a project-based role.
• Lead daily pitch sessions
• Book and prep interviews
• Work with hosts and fellow producer to script each segment of the show
• Help guide episode recordings and coach hosts through interviews
• Track down soundbites and clips
• Work with audio engineer and post-production manager to make edits
• E dit podcast segments as needed
• Provide post-show feedback
• Collaborate with team on creative tweaks to show format
• Provide support and creative input to ensure ongoing quality and audience growth
• At least 3-5 years of experience working in podcasts or radio, ideally a daily show
• Outstanding writing and communication skills
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Strong editorial judgment and command of current events, including politics, culture, entertainment, and social media
• Ability to multitask and work creatively in a high-pressure environment
• Proficiency in audio editing with Pro Tools
• Efficiency in editing interviews under tight deadlines
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.