Senior Manager Of Production Accounting
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is looking for a thoughtful, detail-oriented person to serve as Senior Manager of Production Accounting. Reporting directly to the VP, Corporate Controller, this role heads up our in-house production accounting team, managing a staff of three to four full-time corporate employees in addition to overseeing the production accounting needs for our all of Buzzfeed's content production.
The ideal candidate will have a background in production accounting and experience leading a team, experience in a previous accounting role, and must be comfortable in a dynamic environment, bringing energy and passion to everything they do.
This position is full-time and based in Los Angeles.
• Accounting, budgeting, and scheduling for BuzzFeed's production group (focused on video production)
• Manage the day-to-day activities of production, including expenditures, accounts payable, Cashet, petty cash, and payroll
• Serve as direct point of contact for Production Managers and Producers for all Production Accounting support
• Prepare and update cashflows and work with funding when needed
• Reconcile and monitor bank accounts, production funding, positive pay, Cashet spend, production billbacks
• Develop process for capturing journal entries including balance sheet classification, contingent liability assessment, and expense accruals
• Focus on staff efficiency, training, interdepartmental reporting, troubleshooting, and establishing and documenting best practices and process improvements.
• Complete monthly close accounting close calendar to ensure all work is correct and on time
• Ensure completeness and accuracy of GL activity; review trial balance to determine if adjustments are necessary
• Prepare the monthly GL upload to Netsuite
• Assist audit documentation and testing
• Work with external auditors as needed
• Complete ad-hoc projects and analysis as determined by management
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
• 8 years of experience working in accounting or a related financial area
• CPA or MBA preferred
• Understanding of film, television, and/or digital media industry accounting and finance practices.
• Well-organized, detail oriented, self-directed team player; strong initiative and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
• Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
• Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence and good judgment
• Experience leading and managing a team.
• Solid knowledge of Production Accounting practices with some Corporate Accounting experience.
• Experience with various production accounting software including Ease Accounting, Movie Magic, EP Payroll, Cashet Purchase Card
• Proficiency in Windows, MS Office Suite, and Google Suite.
• Experience with NetSuite preferred
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.