Senior Editor Politics
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed & HuffPost
In 2021, BuzzFeed acquired HuffPost, a leading source of news and commentary for the most diverse and connected generation ever. HuffPost believes in putting people before power and telling the stories that too often go unheard, from the voices that matter. With this acquisition, BuzzFeed's scale, engagement and cultural impact will be unrivaled.
HuffPost UK is looking for an experienced editor to lead its politics team and build on our strong legacy of agenda-setting political reporting.
The ideal candidate will come with an impressive contacts book and have a proven record of breaking stories that cut-through the noise of Westminster.
You will be an inspiring leader with an eye for what really matters to people outside the Westminster bubble, and not be afraid of setting your own agenda and going against the mainstream.
The ideal candidate will have experience in mentoring and supporting journalists to grow their careers, and come with a proven history of working collaboratively across different parts of the newsroom.
You will be motivated by HuffPost's 'people first' editorial mission that puts real people at the heart of its journalism, and have a vision to grow the reach and impact of our reporting.
Although primarily working from the House of Commons, you will be a key part of HuffPost's mission to focus on issues that really matter to our readers across all of the UK.
As the public face of HuffPost's political coverage in the UK, you will also enjoy working as a contributor across different media outlets and platforms.
• Manage the HuffPost UK politics team and coverage
• Land scoops and write stories that create impact
• Oversee the strategy of HuffPost UK's political reporting
• Serve as a public face for HuffPost UK in the media
• Contribute coverage ideas across the newsroom
• Be a part of HuffPost multimedia products (ie, podcasts)
• Proven experience working in senior roles in political or news journalism
• History of leading a team, preferably at a national news publisher
• Demonstrated a commitment to covering issues of race and diversity
• Passion for management and mentorship of newsroom talent
• Ability to interpret audience insights to inform coverage decisions
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.