Senior Benefits Coordinator
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed, the social news and entertainment company, provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web.
We're looking for a Sr Benefits Coordinator. Reporting to the VP, Compensation and Benefits, you will support the team by assisting employees with benefits enrollment and questions, managing insurance billing and the administration of various employee benefits programs, such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision.
You will be based in our New York City HQ. We offer great compensation package, benefits, and an employee stock option program. Not to mention, a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks and drinks to no work on your birthday!
• In partnership with our benefits broker, assist with the administration of various employee benefits programs such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, 401(k), and wellness benefits;
• Research, troubleshoot, and resolve escalations for benefits inquiries;
• Work effectively with our HRIS technology Workday to maintain employee benefits and ensure benefits changes are entered appropriately;
• Help conduct benefits orientations and explain benefits enrollment;
• Support Open enrollment including employee communications, information sessions, testing and ensuring data accuracy;
• Reconcile benefits billing statements and conduct monthly audits to identify and correct headcount discrepancies;
• Work with payroll on tracking and reconcile benefit deductions;
• COBRA administration assistance;
• Stay informed on industry developments and regulatory updates;
• Develop an understanding of our competitive position on benefits offerings and make recommendations to strengthen those specific to our employee population;
• Have both a strong curiosity to learn and a drive for continual improvement;
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of work experience;
• 2 - 4 years in HR and at least 2 years in US benefits experience;
• Strong Microsoft Office skills – specifically MS Excel;
• Excellent written and interpersonal skills;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Collaborative team member with excellent attention to detail and strong sense of urgency and follow through;
• Strong Workday experience preferred;
• Working knowledge of current employment and benefits laws;
• Ability to handle confidential information professionally and escalate issues when appropriate;
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you'll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create tools and content that helps connect people all over the world.