Recruiter / Sourcer
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
You're a hunter. You love the thrill of the chase. You're a seller, but you're not a ''salesperson.'' BuzzFeed is looking for a Recruiter/Sourcer to support full-cycle recruiting across various lines of business globally. Adaptability is your strong suit, and you're equally as comfortable recruiting/sourcing for an entry-level finance position as you are for a senior studio development role.
This position is located in our NYC HQ and is open immediately (you're a recruiter, so you already knew you needed to move quickly!).
Our team is bi-coastal, split between NYC & LA. Both locations are bound by a shared love of creating an awesome candidate experience, always having the right GIF for a situation, and team happy hours. We're a lean but mighty group that supports hiring across 18 BuzzFeed offices in 10 countries. You'll report to our Global Head of TA , work closely with the Recruiting and People teams at large, and maintain close relationships with stakeholders across the company.
• Create a global sourcing strategy that builds diverse candidate pipelines across our university , industry and leadership levels. Be a utility player, helping to support the hiring needs across our business from sales, marketing, to content.
• Partner with the Talent Acquisition leads to determine deliverables, timelines, and goals needed to integrate diversity sourcing projects and initiatives.
• Have networks to source and attract diverse candidates through relationship building activities with Employee Resource Groups and local non-profits .
• Complete market research to understand where external talent pools exist and work collaboratively with internal teams to execute on diversity sourcing initiatives to tap into those talent pools.
• Analyze data to identify areas of improvement and provide data-driven recommendations to guide decisions related to future diversity sourcing strategies.
• Identify external organizations, local events and conferences that help create new sourcing channels for both our short-term and long-term hiring needs.
• Identify, organize and/or attend a variety of recruitment events to build our talent pipeline and promote BuzzFeed's employment brand
• Contribute to BuzzFeed Careers' social media presence on Twitter and Instagram
• 4 years of recruiting or sourcing experience, ideally in-house in a related industry
• 2 years of experience with diversity sourcing projects and/or recruiting initiatives.
• Top-notch communication skills, expressed by your ability to write compelling, customized, and relevant sourcing messages and to conduct interviews that leave candidates feeling inspired and excited about BuzzFeed
• An understanding of the entire recruiting life-cycle and the ability to operate within each stage Proficiency using an ATS (we use Greenhouse)
• E xperience sourcing, networking with, interviewing, and negotiating with candidates at all levels of an organization
• A great story to tell us about the hardest candidate you've ever closed
• No need for overly formal covers; instead, send a short note about why BuzzFeed excites you (and because your attention to detail is so impressive, it's simply addressed ''Dear BuzzFeed Recruiting Team'')
• Include a current résumé (ideally in .pdf; our ATS prefers that)
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you'll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.