BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is seeking a Project Manager with a curiosity for e-comm to join our growing commerce team. An ideal candidate is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and is familiar with streamlining processes across a variety of cross-functional stakeholders. This role requires an operational mind with a knack for creative problem solving.
As a Project Manager, you will support the Project Manager and team leads in the documentation, execution and optimization of large-scale innovative projects. In this role, you will act as the gatekeeper across all deliverables, deadlines and efficiencies.
This position will be based in our New York office.
• Collaborate with the Senior Project Manager to develop and maintain cross-team roadmaps and priorities
• Manage calendar and deadlines for deliverables across many internal and external stakeholders
• Consolidate communication efforts, feedback, and KPIs as projects conclude to share with stakeholders
• Work alongside the Affiliate Management, Strategy and Distro business team leads to help identify areas for operational improvements and workflow optimization
• Prepare presentation materials and assets to clearly communicate goals and project scope with stakeholders
• Ownership of the commerce legal pipeline for all new vendors, platforms and SOWs
• 2 years of experience in a fast-paced, operational or executional role
• Experience within a cross-functional organization that touches affiliate, retail management, e-commerce management, consumer acquisition, merchandising or editorial strategies
• Have a baseline knowledge of media, publishing or e-commerce industries with application to publisher e-commerce business objectives
• A track record of managing processes between internal and external teams, with the purpose of achieving either client or internal business goals
• An ability to multitask when working across complex, production extensive programs
• A history of detailed, concise and pointed communications; with an ability to anticipate the needs/expectations of the addressed audience (internal vs. external stakeholders)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Keynote, and Adobe tools; with knowledge of internal CSM systems (Google Analytics, Trackonomics) a plus
• A passion for shopping and identifying unique trends in e-commerce
• A creative and innovative approach to all projects
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
• A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.