Production Tech Fellow
BuzzfeedNew York, CA
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. We produce articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; original pop culture and entertainment programming through Complex Networks; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is looking for a Fellow to join our Los Angeles Prod Tech team. This is a 6 month program where Trainees will learn how to support BuzzFeed video workflows. This role will explore both areas of production technology support: hardware support and software support. This is a paid fellowship. Participants in the program will be among the first to be considered for future freelance roles at BuzzFeed for Prod Tech.
• Attend training sessions for each area of focus within the Production Technology team:
• Physical Equipment
• Software Workflow Integration
• Technical Support
• Archiving Workflow
• Automation System Deployment
• Adhere to the planned curriculum assigned by your manager.
• Archive video projects, troubleshooting issues as they appear at the end of the video pipeline.
• Perform quality assurance on project archives received by producers.
• Troubleshoot common users' video and computer issues as they are received using industry standard tools like Zendesk.
• Research and recommend potential workarounds for less common issues.
• Build simple if-this-then-that workflows for notifications and form responses using tools like Zapier.
• Troubleshoot common issues that occur with automations.
• Assist larger team initiatives that require equipment inventory and data entry.
• Research, design, and demo one Fellow Project that uses software or tech to improve a BuzzFeed workflow.
Part of what makes BuzzFeed a pioneer in digital media is our commitment to exploring new ventures that lead to spreading truth and joy. As such, you may be asked to share your knowledge with your colleagues through presentations or trainings, to screen and interview job candidates, or to take part in recruitment or networking events on behalf of the company.
• A strong eye for detail and organization
• Familiarity with the Adobe video tools, specifically Premiere or After Effects
• Experience with Google Docs and Sheets
• Good communication skills and open to receiving feedback
• At least 1-2 years of experience working in Post-Production or Production
• Knowledgeable of social media formats and digital video platforms
FYI - job descriptions are not a one size fits all, just because you don't meet every requirement doesn't mean we don't want to hear from you. If you think you'd be a good fit for the job anyway, use your application to show us why!
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
At BuzzFeed, we want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
This position may require you to be in the office or be in close proximity to other employees once our offices fully reopen in 2022.