BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Production Manager (Project Based)
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is looking for a Production Manager to bring organizational skills and leadership to our Editorial Production team. We are looking for an experienced and passionate self-starter that can work with all departments within Video, including Creatives, Post Production, Legal, Accounting, Studio Operations, etc.
• Serve as the main point of contact for Supervising and Creative Producers
• Supervise and troubleshoot day-to-day production challenges and appropriately escalate as needed
• Vet creative briefs to build budgets for approval; ensure productions are on budget/on schedule
• Track and actualize budgets for monthly review and approval
• Navigate simultaneous short/long-term projects with consideration of priority
• Find a balance between creative needs and upholding production's integrity and process while creative problem solving
• Work with our Creative Resources team to approve on-campus productions
• Support on set production and remote shoots as needed
• Review or generate timecards and talent vouchers for payroll on all projects
• Work closely with accounting to ensure all paperwork for payment is completed to their standards.
• Review first and final cuts of videos to confirm collection of clearances and releases as needed, working closely with the legal team as needed
• Review wrap folders as productions closeout to make sure all documentation is present and submit for approval to Supervising Producer
• Build timelines for productions as needed
• Collaborating with the Studio Ops team on production protocol and logistics
• Hire crew, source gear, secure locations, and process permits as needed
• Assist with updating records on Airtable for Production
• Ensure that crew safety is maintained at all times and adhere to all new safety protocols created in response to COVID 19
• 4 years of production management experience, ideally focused on unscripted formats
• Knowledge and understanding of Production and Operations best practices, process, and protocol
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in accounting paperwork submission and guidelines
• Expertise in budgeting and scheduling
• Ability to work collaboratively and autonomously across multiple teams and projects
• Know how to ask for help, strive for self-improvement, provide constructive criticism, listen and create opportunities for yourself and others
• Expertise in Google Suite, Excel, and EP Timecards.
• Experience with and willingness to learn Airtable and other production management software/tools/databases
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.