Manager Of Branded Production
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed Video is searching for a Manager of Branded Production to bring organizational skills and inspiring leadership to our production team. We are looking for an experienced and passionate self-starter that can work with all departments within Branded Video.
You will be based in our Los Angeles office, a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks and drinks, to social happy hours.
• Oversee production process across the various Branded products and teams
• Manage multiple, simultaneous production timelines
• Train and oversee freelance producers and production managers
• Track & vet all related budgets, production plans, and wrap books
• Support feedback and approvals on creative concept pitches, budgets , timelines, and treatments
• Interface between accounting, pricing, post production, studio operations, casting, legal, client services, and sales
• Effectively communicate policies and procedures to freelance crew and production staff
• Collaborate to improve upon production resources, process, and responsibilities
• 5 years production management experience
• Embody a philosophy of finding creative solutions and efficiencies regarding budget, scheduling, logistics, etc.
• Have knowledge of industry standards regarding average crew rates, rental rates etc..
• Experience with permitting, releases etc..
• Highly organized and a polished/timely written and verbal communicator
• Prioritization is essential, appropriately delegate and be a team player
• Willingness to learn
• Prior people management experience
• Prior branded content experience
• Must exhibit personal and professional high standards of integrity and ethics
• Experience with injury/safety protocol and prevention
• Proficient in Movie Magic Budgeting & Scheduling and Google Drive
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth by work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you'll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create tools and content that helps connect people all over the world.