BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Production Coordinator (Project Based)
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. We produce articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; original pop culture and entertainment programming through Complex Networks; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed Video is looking for a resourceful production coordinator to bring their production and organizational skills to the live video team. We are looking for a smart, skilled, passionate self-starter that can work seamlessly across departments.
This position is Freelance at $300/day.
• Support video productions throughout each project's lifespan
• Support multiple productions simultaneously
• Collaborate with creative, casting, prod tech, and studio ops teams throughout each project
• Support creative producers and the production team on assigned tasks
• Be the primary talent liaison on the day of production
• Process, track, and report production actuals
• Prepare and share start paperwork, call sheets, and releases
• Process payroll, reimbursement, and check request paperwork for submission
• Build and coordinate lifestream run-downs and production schedules
• Help source and book freelance production crews
• Research permits associated fees
• Book equipment and stages for assigned teams and projects
• Manage, order, and ship props and products
• Troubleshoot day-to-day production challenges and appropriately escalate as needed
• Work with the Production team to reduce bottlenecks and increase efficiency.
Part of what makes BuzzFeed a pioneer in digital media is our commitment to exploring new ventures that lead to spreading truth and joy. As such, you may be asked to share your knowledge with your colleagues through presentations or trainings, to screen and interview job candidates, or to take part in recruitment or networking events on behalf of the company.
• Must have 2 years of production experience
• Impeccable time management skills, ability to multi-task / prioritize projects with sensitive deadlines
• Ability to work in high pressure, fast paced production environment
• Knowledge of production and operations best practices
• Proficient in budgeting and scheduling
• Ability to adapt to last-minute changes in schedules/plans
• Ability to work collaboratively and autonomously across multiple teams and projects.
• Experience sourcing and hiring freelancers
• Willingness to learn production management software/tools/databases
• Experience producing live and/or remote video productions
• Experience with Movie Magic Budgeting, Smartstart, and Airtable
FYI - job descriptions are not a one size fits all, just because you don't meet every requirement doesn't mean we don't want to hear from you. If you think you'd be a good fit for the job anyway, use your application to show us why!
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
At BuzzFeed, we want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
This position may require you to be in the office or be in close proximity to other employees once our offices fully reopen in 2022.