Product Marketing Manager
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Product Marketing Manager (Content)
The Product Marketing team creates and evangelizes industry-leading ad products, collateral and narratives, representative of the best of BuzzFeed's client solutions. The Product Marketing team manages BuzzFeed's ad product catalog, conveying BuzzFeed's value to advertisers, increasing ad product adoption internally, and sustaining our growth.
BuzzFeed branded content consists of posts, video, Tasty, Creator-led content, custom social assets, affiliate content and other transaction-led content. We are looking for somebody to define the future of branded content at BuzzFeed, please apply if that sounds like the challenge for you!
As Product Marketing Manager (Content), you will oversee the ad product roadmap and go-to-market approach for BuzzFeed's content offerings that drive awareness and conversion. You'll maintain the current product suite, roll out new ad products based on market demands and internal innovation, develop excellent narratives around BuzzFeed's client solutions, and work with our Sales, Creative, Operations, Research, Tech, and Editorial teams to bring exciting opportunities to market.
You will report to the Director of Product Marketing. While the preference is for this individual to be based in NYC or LA, we are open to considering candidates who are based in other states.
• Ad Product Management: Improve current Content product offerings based on marketplace feedback, internal insights and performance. Ensure each product provides measurable value to advertisers and meet BuzzFeed's internal margin goals. Create a repeatable framework for launching new ad products to create long-term revenue growth.
• Operations and Processes: Ensure all teams involved with selling and delivering our product suite have a clear understanding of each product's value proposition, how they are implemented, and that the creative, distribution and pricing strategies are built to provide value to both advertisers and to BuzzFeed.
• Data and Insights: Translate findings into actionable consumer narratives, product features, and marketing collateral. Maintain platform and vendor relationships to identify marketable opportunities to better develop BuzzFeed ad products at scale.
• Communication: Create a centralized way of accessing resources (specs, GTM, process docs, examples) for each product that BuzzFeed sells. Keep the Revenue Team informed of new opportunities through different modes of communication including email, newsletters, and presentations to the wider organization.
• 5 years of digital advertising industry experience in an ad product, product marketing, native content, affiliate marketing, or relevant field.
• Experience at a digital publisher, working with teams who may have different priorities - including sales, research, creative, operations, tech, and editorial teams.
• Experience distilling complex information and presenting to both customer-facing and internal audiences.
• Passionate about advertising, and creating solutions that provide value to both end-users and advertisers.
• Excellent slide-building skills using Google Slides, Keynote, or PowerPoint and experience with products like - Google Sheets, Slides, Documents
It's a bonus if you have:
• Experience launching and improving digital media products
• Experience developing custom content or affiliate products that drive conversion
FYI - just because you don't meet every requirement doesn't mean we don't want to hear from you. If you think you'd be a good fit for the job anyway, use your application to show us why!
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board, including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.