BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is looking for a Product Manager to build delightful, high-growth consumer products.
This role will pair a passion for digital media - from viral quizzes to step-by-step recipe videos to Pulitzer-prize winning investigative series - with the ability to lead teams in launching and iterating on impactful products.
• Establish, articulate, and champion a product vision based on customer needs, market trends, and company priorities that inspires teams.
• Lead the ideation, prioritization, development, launch, and analysis of user-centered features and experiments to solve high-impact user and business problems.
• Collaborate with a diverse group of content and business partners to identify opportunities and to translate their needs into actionable plans.
• Lead multi-disciplinary teams of engineers, designers, data scientists, and content creators.
• Define, communicate, test, and track metrics for success.
• You want to work for a company that believes fast, creative, and agile experimentation is the best way to deliver the most value to users and our business.
• You are comfortable with everything from creating product & technical requirements, informing design mocks, and helping to size business opportunities and have a scrappy attitude for getting impactful work done quickly
• You enjoy dynamic environments where changing course is not only the norm but is encouraged as a competitive advantage.
• You do everything in your power to bring the best out of your engineering, design, and data science counterparts.
• Stakeholders always feel understood when they partner with you. You make their goals and problems your goals and your problems.
• You're obsessed with data and know how to work with tools such as Google Analytics (if you know SQL, that's a plus!) to set and communicate shared goals, understand user behavior, and inform decisions.
• You have opinions about BuzzFeed's business model and competitive position.
• You have a deep understanding of the technical and operational requirements of projects and products. You don't need to be an engineer, but you need to speak the language of APIs, databases and pull requests.
• You enjoy working with distributed teams and are an extraordinary communicator in every medium - from Slack to video conferencing to in-person gatherings.
• You have 2 years product management experience, preferably for a large consumer audience.
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect: A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more. A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!