Product and Sales Strategy Director, Shows
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is the recognized leader in producing distinctive programming across new and traditional media. Our programming slate includes documentary series Follow This on Netflix, daily morning show AM to DM on Twitter, weekly interview show Profile on Facebook Watch, game show Outside Your Bubble on Facebook Watch and the 7-part series Unspeakable Crimes: The Killing of Jessica Chambers on Oxygen.
BuzzFeed is currently seeking a Director of Show Sales with prior experience selling to advertising agencies and direct to client with a focus on generating revenue across company-wide linear and digital premium programming, and events.
You will be part of our New York based team and report directly to the SVP, Business Operations & Strategy.
• Collaborate closely with the teams producing premium digital and linear shows to development creative content partnerships, integrations and innovative ad products that drive show and events sales revenues
• Introduce our advertising products related to premium digital and linear shows to national brand CMOs, brand managers, and advertising agencies.
• Sell products that span television (digital/OTT television), social and display advertising
• Reach individual sales goals while contributing to overall team goals
• Prospect, penetrate and create new relationships with advertising agencies and clients
• Develop relationships at all levels from CMO to Brand Managers to Agency Buyers
• Provide feedback to our product and business teams about the needs and successes in the market
• Identify and understand trends across linear and social platforms and incorporate and build on those trends in presentation
• Analyze data and use it to help grow the business
• 10 years in digital and linear programming sales with a proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals and driving revenue through creating new business and growing and retaining existing business
• Ability to package, understand and sell all BF products
• Previous experience driving revenue through discovering, prospecting, creating new business and growing and retaining existing business
• Experience negotiating and influencing across all levels of an agency or client
• Proven background as a sales leader and experience interfacing with high-level decision makers
• An understanding of social ad products, particularly Twitter Amplify, and display advertising, particularly programmatic sales
• Experience crafting slide decks and written pitch materials a plus
• Experience analyzing and combining data sources and incorporating into a cohesive story
• Passionate about social advertising, new media, and impactful journalism
• An innate desire to build lasting partnerships with both internal and external customers.
• Knowledge of the online advertising industry
Submit your resume and cover letter including why you are interested and would be a fit for the Product and Sales Strategy role.
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
• Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.