BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is the world's leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed Video is looking for a resourceful Producer to bring their production and organizational skills to the LA office. We are looking for a smart, skilled, passionate self-starter that can work seamlessly with the various departments this year.
This is a full-time, fixed-term position, based in BuzzFeed's LA office.
• Support Branded productions throughout each project's lifespan; from pre-production to wrap
• Collaborate with and support supervising producers throughout all projects and processes
• Plan and support internal kick-off and production meetings
• Assist in the building and management of multiple batch video budgets and schedules
• Book and manage freelance production crews
• Collaborate with project managers, creative, post production, casting, and studio ops teams throughout each project
• Work with accounting to process payroll, reimbursement, and check request paperwork for submission
• Process, track, and report production wrap books and expenses
• Collaborate to develop and improve upon production resources, process, and responsibilities
• Must have 4 years of production experience
• Self-identified logistics master
• Has experience with Movie Magic Budgeting, Scheduling, Airtable or comparable budgeting, scheduling or tracking software
• Impeccable time management skills, ability to multi-task / prioritize projects with sensitive deadlines
• This position is approximately 40 hours a week
• Ability to work in high-pressure, fast-paced production environment
• Ability to adapt to last-minute changes in schedules / plans
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-starter that is able to see a task through all stages until completion
• Ability to work independently and with a team
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation and benefits package
• Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.