Post Production Supervisor
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Post Production Supervisor (project based)
BuzzFeed is the world's leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
The BuzzFeed Post Production Team is looking for an experienced and dedicated Post Production Supervisor to fill a Project-Based role that directly oversees Post Coordinators and Digital Video Projects. The ideal candidate will manage Post Resources Projects in a Digital, Remote Post Ecosystem. Ability to work effectively over video chat, emails and Slack communication is a must.
• Directly manage Post Production Coordinators
• Oversee coordination of daily tasks and Post Production Resource schedules
• Partner with Production to build upkeep video product timelines budgets
• Oversee Post Production process is followed across multiple teams and departments
• Ensure all assets are delivered on time, upholding to Post Production standards
• Verify legal clearances and platform standards are upheld
• Ensure Quality Control for all final assets
• Manage Cost reporting across projects, ensuring budgets stay within margin
• Organize and update Post Production SOPs and comms across departments
• Build relationships with Creative Video Production leads across BuzzFeed
• Organize track all administrative paperwork
• Identify problem areas quickly and pose creative solutions
• Provide guidance and mediation for any arising issues internally and externally
• Provide Leadership and mentor support for Post Coordinators
• Participate in forecasting resources, and screen/interview potential candidates
• Assist in training for Post Production Team across departments as needed
• Bachelor's degree in Film, Communication or related field, or equivalent work experience
• 4 years experience in a management position for the digital space
• Advanced knowledge of Post Production and Production process and equipment
• Proficient in Project Management tools (Float and Airtable are a plus!)
• Experience creating and actualizing Post Budgets
• Advanced knowledge of Mac OS and Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects
• Experience with codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates as they pertain to digital media trends
• Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines and deliverables
• Effective leadership and communication within a team environment
• Emphasis on organization and attention to detail
• Proactive and positive team player
• Ability to guide projects from end to end independently
• Knowledgeable of current social media and digital video platforms
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.