Post Production Coordinator
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Post Production Coordinator (Project Based)
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
• Collaborate with Post Production Supervisors to oversee daily tasks
• Track and manage Post Production schedules resources
• Oversee that Post Production workflow is followed over multiple projects, simultaneously
• Ensure all media assets are delivered on time and to spec
• Verify legal clearances and platform standards are upheld
• Quality Control for all final assets
• Organize Post Production comms across departments
• Facilitate communication between Creative Producers and Video Editors and Assistants
• Identify problem areas quickly and pose creative solutions
• Manage administrative paperwork for (NDAs, POs, and freelance timecards)
• Successfully complete daily tasks, while keeping the bigger picture in mind
• You Have
• Education or relevant experience in Film, Communication Media or related field
• At least 2-4 years experience working in the digital media space
• Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines and deliverables
• Working knowledge of Post Production and Production process and equipment
• Proficient in Project Management tools (Float and Airtable are a plus!)
• Familiarity with codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates as they pertain to digital media trends
• Experience with Mac OS and Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects
• Willingness to learn and evolve within a team environment
• Inspired to learn more about the technical side of Post Production
• Emphasis on organization and attention to detail
• Proactive, and Positive team player
• Ability to guide projects from end to end independently
• Knowledgeable of current social media and digital video platforms
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
• A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.